Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Putting down the phone part 2

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

So this is a quick post, but in the effort of accountability for my "phone plan" and to give an update I figured this is necessary.

It's been a week now and I have really done well. This weekend I slipping back into old habits of scrolling here and there but caught myself and was able to walk away from the phone. Who knew this would be such a challenge?? If you don't think you're that connected to your phone, try being super conscious of your phone use and find out!! 

I will say, I LOVE not being on my phone during the day. Consistenly I find that my attitude is better, my patience with my kids increases, my involvement in their activities certainly increases, and I just feel like a better mom.

If you don't have kids then you might think the phone thing isn't a big deal (and maybe it isn't), but let me leave you with this thought. Are you missing out on other relationships by being distracted by social media?  Maybe connecting more with your spouse instead of both mindlessly playing or scrollin on your phone at night? Are you missing out on connecting better with friends? Or maybe you're missing out on connecting with God who longs for a deeper relationship with us always? 

I know all of those hit me on some level. All of those relationships mean so much more than getting caught up on everyone else's daily thoughs. On a side note, my hubby and I did download a game on our phones this week (which is so not me) but we compete together on our phones and hey, I'll take anything that'll give us another way to connect! So that's my phone exception ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment