Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Labor & Delivery

Don't let this post scare you! I was extremely blessed to have a very smooth labor and delivery!
Because we decided to induce, Andrew and I spent the night in the hospital where they gave me cytotek to help prep my body for labor. Once we decided to induce, I very realized that telling people our plans wasn't a good idea...just like everything else in pregnancy and baby related, people have their own opinions and people quickly let us know their feelings on with very few friends and family knowing, we headed to the hospital on Thursday night (August 29th). With our bags packed, Whatburger consumed, and video camera on, we had a calm check in at the hospital.

special goody bag for dads!

I slept poorly that night mainly because of nerves and my poor hubby was freezing. We only brought a small fleece blanket and weren't prepared for the cold of the hospital (of course I was just fine!). Friday morning they checked me again and I had made NO progress, so they started the Pitocin...o the pitocin...
As anyone can imagine, labor started pretty much right away at that point but still moved slowly..I had contraction for about 2 hours and then my doctor showed up to check me. At that point I was dialted a whole 2 cm...she offered the epidural and boy did I jump at the chance!
Immediately she broke my water and about 30 minutes later, the anesthesiologist showed up to give me the epidural. That was probably the worst of it out of the whole experience...having to be really still while contracting and leaking water (sorry for the TMI). Once my body took the meds, it was smooth sailing!
I spent the day in bed, drinking juice, napping, and watching tv (sports center, gilmore girls, the Kardashians) and Andrew napped in his little bed and played on the iPad. Since I couldn't feel anything they quickly upped the pitocin and at 3:30pm we started pushing.
15 minutes later (that's right!) our beautiful baby girl was born!
Samantha Joy
August 30, 2013
7 lbs 10 oz
19 1/2 in
first family photo :)

Daddy and Sammy :)
heading home!
She was so little!!
melts my heart

 So that's our little love's introduction the blog world! The worst part of the whole experience was getting my initial IV (I hate needles!) and taking the epidural tape off my back...I'm so glad I can say that was the worst pain of everything! We were visited by a few family members and friends in the hospital and within a few days we were home! God completely blessed me with a smooth pregnancy, smooth labor & delivery, a great labor coach (my sweet husband), and a beautiful laid back little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment