Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy weekend and Mother's Day!

This weekend has come and gone so quickly! I can't believe it's already over! We had a really nice weekend and it was relaxing, yet productive. On Saturday we FINALLY got new tires for our Camry, which has been out of commission for 2 weeks due to two blown out tires. Because neither of us ever have a day off to deal with it, it's taken so long! I was off on Saturday and Andrew didn't work until 3, so we spent the morning dealing with the tire situation and getting our house clean! I am so grateful to have a husband who helps me out when I need it! He so kindly cleaned the cat box and vacuumed which was a tremendous blessing to me :)


Later that day, he went off to work and I hit the gym and went grocery shopping! I also was able to meet him on his dinner break, so we had a nice window of time together :) 


Today has been really laid back for me. I got to lay out for a little while and hang at home with Macy while Andrew worked. I brought him lunch and we got to enjoy a Sonic happy hour! 


This was my 4th mother's day not spending it with my mom because of the distance, but I did manage to get a sweet card out to her and a little gift. I am so grateful that God chose her to be my mom! She encourages me, inspires me, and is an amazing role model. She's a strong, confident woman who loves the Lord with all her heart and has been nothing but an amazing mother to me. As I've gotten older, and especially within the past year, we have become good friends and I LOVE that. It was so nice to have her visit recently because I got to hang out with her all weekend doing all kinds of girly things :) I could go on and on about her, but that would have forever. You get the picture: I love my mom and am so blessed that she's mine! 


My beautiful mom at my bridal shower!


This week is just another week for the Hahns! We both work a lot and I have 1 final left! On Saturday, we'll be spending some time with my mom's side of the family for my cousin's graduation, so that will be nice. I hope you all had a great weekend and a happy mother's day!


-Kate

1 comment:

  1. Finally following your blog! I'm so glad I can stay caught up on all y'alls married life adventures this way. Soon I'll be living in Bryan again and we can hang out more. :)

    ReplyDelete