Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Update

What a weekend! It was yet another spent in Houston and it was full of family, fun, and good food! On Friday night, the hubs and I headed down to Houston and spent the night at his aunt and uncle's house with their sweet family. It was a nice overnight with them. We slept in the next morning and took it easy at their house til about 4. It was so nice to just relax and rest, especially because it was rainy outside. That night we all headed over to Andrew's grandmother's house for his parents' going away party. For those of you who didn't know, my father in law took a job in South Korea and my in-laws are relocating there for the next few years. It's going to be such an adventure! After a yummy meal consisting of Gulash (kind of like a stew), salad, and cobbler, we headed back to the in-laws house for a while.

Sorry for the blurry! Gotta love funny family pictures!
 
Sweet sister in-law and aunt!
 
Father in law, his sisters, and grandma!


That night my sweet cousin who is now a Houston resident picked me up and her and I spent the night with my grandmother. Meanwhile, Andrew headed over to my cousin's apartment (AKA his best friend and the reason we met) for a boy's weekend. So while the husband was watching football and grilling, I went to church with my cousin, grandmother, and grandmother's crazy friends, followed my an amazing brunch! We laughed and laughed until it hurt and my cousin and I couldn't believe some of the topics discussed at brunch! After brunch and a solid nap, we headed back across town for some shopping and so I could meet back up with Andrew. Overall, it was a nice weekend but I am definitely tired today! Here's more pictures from our fabulous brunch!

me and my sweet cousin
 
 
Crazy hilarious ladies! My beautiful grandmother is the one in blue!
 
More blurriness! Me outside the restaurant!
 
The front door of the restaurant! So quaint!
 
Too much food!!
 
Mimosa time!
 
Pear salad!
 
Southern Eggs Benedict! Amazing!
 

Creme Brulee! Such a treat!


How was your weekend??
-Kate

1 comment:

  1. My weekend was great. Unpacked boxes, went to Pistol Annies concert and then lazed around on Sunday. :) Loved your pics!!

    ReplyDelete